Sunday 2 December 2012

On the First day of Blogmas:

Yesterday, on the 1st December (that came around quick, right?!) I went to a German Christmas market in Birmingham. It felt really odd walking around the traditional wooden stalls selling Stollen, Lebkuchen and Bratwurst, but lovely nonetheless. As someone that enjoys different cultures, and having experienced the traditional German culture before, I think it made the experience even better.

Although, for anyone the has been to Birmingham Bullring Shopping centre on a good day, knows it is jampacked and at one point in the market we were literally at a standstill in a crowd: a situation which I took advantage by 'Baaa'ing quite loudly; the suggestions of crowd surfing and starting a mosh pit were also discussed between me and my boyfriend, Tom whilst stuck in the stationary crowd.

So as a first day of advent, that was more Christmassy than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment