Sunday 13 October 2013

Jungle Boogie

One more quick post before I have to get up for 7.30am tomorrow.

My Disney analysis thing from a while ago? I have a new one, I recently watched Jungle Book and Jungle Book 2. Two films I genuinely have no recall of watching, or at least not watching whilst old enough to enjoy a plot, not just a song.

As for favourite character; I'll be honest, I'm not mega keen on Mowgli, only because it's extremely obvious he's a child and the animals (and adults in #2) know better than him, but he thinks he's too good to listen to them. I'm pretty drawn to Baloo, he's like the fun uncle and the slow wit is pretty adorable. Actually, I was going to argue between Bagheera and Baloo. But Baloo's got it.



Jungle Book 2 is an astounding outright winner: Shanti (Who I later found out was voiced by Mae Whitman. Amazed.) Ranjan was cute and the tiger impressions were amazing, but the majority of the time, he was more of a hindrance. Although Shanti's pretty weedy and it was her scaredness getting them into the whole trouble, I liked that she tried hard to impress the adults (without trying too hard) and tried to follow the rules. I mean, if she didn't do her chores, she'd have never met Mowgli.



However (and it's a big one) I have a bone to pick with Jungle Book 2. [This contains slight spoilers] At the end, where on Earth did that lava come from, as far as I'm aware there is no explanation whatsoever throughout the entire film of how it came to be there. There isn't even volcanoes in India. Least not in the jungle that provide a random appearing out of nowhere canyon with lava at the bottom. Also that death (avoiding spoilers) is very Scar-like from Lion King, if I remember it correctly.

While I'm criticising, Bagheera found Mowgli as a baby and basically allowed him to live, yet Mowgli knows Baloo for an entire 2 days in Jungle Book and completly disregards Bagheera. And calls Baloo his father. What is up with that.

 Apart from that, I was overall impressed with my Jungle experiance.


No comments:

Post a Comment